The Vampire’s Warden
by: S.J. Wright
It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all.
Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.
Sarah Wood reads her grandfather’s journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather’s responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same
After Sarah’s father died, her life was not the same. Not only because she had to deal with her emotions as her dad was dead and she was a strong person, but that her mother too was not with her not with her sister, because she left them; but also because there are more things to do in the Inn than keep things tidy. She’s a vampire warden and most decide to believe if vampires exist; and then when she accepts they are she doesn’t know whom to trust. As even Nelly knew everything about her mother not being dead and the thing about vampires. What will happen with her mother? What does she wants? What will happen with hottish Michael?… find out the truth as I’m doing while reading Sarah’s point of view in this really good novella!
1) Sarah Brightman-> She’s twenty three years old and she loves in Brown County, Indiana. Very eyes are a usually pale blue shade, she has long dark eyelashes, decent eyebrows that matched her light brown hair. Her hair fell to the middle of her back. She has two horses named Lenny and Messenger. She has a connection with Messenger… I think as this one in particular was buyed for her.
*Lenny-> Hug chesnut horse.
*Messenger-> A smaller black mare with velvety soft ears.
*Also she has a dog named: Sadie-> A Golden Retriever with brown eyes and wavy tail. ( A girl)
*And a cat *-* named: Whiskers-> I think it was black.
2) Katie-> She’s the younger sister of Sarah. She has curly brown hair her eyes were warm and brown as their father’s were and her hair fell across her shoulder.
3) Alex-> As a human: Beautiful golden hair and a chalky white skin. His eyes are green . His body was well formed.
As a vampire-> His golden hair is more shiny and his eyes are too bright to be normal..
He was granted the wish to become human again BUT because of a battle he needed to be change again into a vampire or be dead.
*Eveytime he touches Sarah or Sarah touches him she has a vision but he only feels it. Why? I don’t know …. yet!
4) Michael-> He is all muscles, viceps. Dark eyebrows but with pale blue yes and a hard-looking mouth. He was created by the oldest vampire on earth. But not only did he inherit the powers of the old one, but he also developed some of his own powers. He doesn’t need that much blood.
5) The Breath-Giver-> She can grant a wish like the one that Alex wanted. The thing is Selena told Alex that The Breath-Giver would make him human if he took care of Sarah…
6) Selena-> She’s the mother of Sarah and Katie. She asked to be a vampire as she didn’t like her human life. The perfection of her skin, with vibrant shiny blue eyes and a shapely pink mouth.
Short story of how the warden and the place was made:
” The first vampire warden had been a Pawnee ancestor of her who had an encounter with a vampire. The vampire had lived for centuries wandring the Earth and wanted find a safe place to rest. The tribe’s medicine man called upon th pofer of Tiraw, the creation God, to create a sacred place where the vampir could rest. The ceremony was performed in song and dance around a sacred mdicine bundle. When it was over the vampire dug himself down into the Earth for the “long sleep”. When the vampire aoke, he found that he could not leave. The medicine man explained that the vampire’s warden must approve before th vampire could set off again. There was a magical field of energy around the sacred resting place. No vampire could come in or leave without the consent of the Warden.”