Review: The Warlord’s Concubine
By: J.E. & M. Keep
Review: The Warlord’s Concubine
Review: The Warlord’s Concubine
By: J.E. & M. Keep
The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney!
Two days ago I finished reading the last book ( for now! ) in The Last Apprentice serie. I love every bookn this author writes. 5/5 all of them, is a most read!
Here are the books with the goodread excerpt and sometimes mine too!, picture and some comments of mine.
Book #1: The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch
Young Tom, the seventh son of a seventh son, starts work as an apprentice for the village spook; as there isn’t another job for him; whose job is to protect ordinary folk from “ghouls, boggarts, and all manner of wicked beasties…. and fight with deadly witches! will he survive?
* I just love the concept of a seventh son of a seventh son. I liked the Spook as soon as I read him for the first time( name: John). He is such an old cranky man!. Anyway the first thing he had to do was pass sort of a test and is staying in a old creepy house ….the thing is here is the start of an adventure as he too meets a girl…. with pointy shoes! when you read the serie you will know why is bad a girl with pointy shoes.
The Spook and his apprentice, Thomas Ward, rid the county of witches, ghosts, boggarts, and other creatures of the dark. And there’s some unfinished business to attend to in Priestown. Deep in the catacombs lurks a creature the Spook has never been able to defeat; a force so evil that the whole county is in danger. The Bane!
But the Bane is not their only enemy. The Quisitor arrives, intent on hunting down anyone who meddles with the dark. Thomas Ward and the Spook must prepare for the battle of their lives.
Just wow! this book had me in such a way!!!! I was like oh no he’s gonna get killed. But it was a really good book, better than the first. I liked how he created Priestown ( I also like the name), I think here is where we meet one of John Gregory’s brother; and well the Quisitor is such an ass. Really…
Thomas Ward is the apprentice for the local Spook, who banishes boggarts and drives away ghosts. But now a new danger is threatening Tom’s world. The witches are rising and the three most powerful clans are uniting in order to conjure an unimaginable evil.
Tom and the Spook set out to stop the witches before they unleash the demon. But when Tom finds himself on his own, he wonders if he has the courage and cunning to defeat the most powerful enemy he has ever encountered.
War looms on the horizon
As the Spook’s apprentice, Tom Ward must protect the County from the creatures of the dark. But now his mother has returned from her homeland to seek his help. A dangerous ancient witch, Ordeen, is about to rise, bringing with her suffering and devastation. Tom’s mother has mustered a powerful army—including Tom’s friend Alice and the assassin Grimalkin—to confront Ordeen. If Tom joins them, the Spook will abandon Tom as his apprentice. What sacrifices will be made in the battle against the dark?
* SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SUPER SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSS
From all the books this one is one of the best. Mam.. mam is the mother of the Lamias!!!!!!!!! in here we are going to learn about her, which she is another of the characters that I like. This fight wih the Ordeen and niads and everything that is lurking in here is fantastic and terrifying at the same time… and when Tom did a pact with the Fiend I SCREAMED!
The Spook and his apprentice, Thomas Ward, have returned to the county after a long journey and a hard battle. But their troubles are far from over. Their home has been over-run by enemy soldiers. The Spook’s house is in ruins, the boggart protecting it has fled, and the malicious witches imprisoned in the gardens have escaped.
Tom, Alice, and the Spook must flee, too, across the ocean to the island of Mona. And it’s on Mona that this small band fighting against the dark will face an old enemy grown terrifyingly powerful. Will they be able to vanquish an evil that crawls beneath the ground itself? At what cost?
Will Tom and the Spook ever be able to return home?
I cried when I read that the house was in ruins. That the cute fluffy boggar cat had fled… Poor John Gregory! and Bony Lizzie has escaped her bonds!! terrible! and worst of all she is not the aunt of Alice… IS HER MOTHER! and she’s the Fiend daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! freaking omg.
Anyway in here we can sort of a story about a fight with Bony Lizzie and the spook, Tom and Alice.
Thomas Ward has served as the Spook’s apprentice for three years. He has battled boggarts, witches, demons, and even the devil himself. Tom has enemies: The Fiend stalks him, waiting for a moment of weakness. The terrifying Morrigan, goddess of witches, warned him never to step foot on her homeland, Ireland.
But now war has consumed their own country, and Tom, his friend Alice, and the Spook must flee to Ireland. The dark rages strongly there. No one can be trusted. Can Tom defeat the creatures that hunt him most fiercely?
I loved the sword he is given! I am happy that Grimalkin is once again in here and that she’s alive… and that they have bound the Fiend for a little while!!. But when the Fiend took Alice now she has come back thanks to Pan but like a mean Alice… perhaps the story will not end that happy if Alice starts being like she did… He escaped the Morrigan yay! and well go to read the story and STOP THE TIME ;))))
Grimalkin has made it her lifetime ambition to destroy the Fiend, avenging the brutal murder of her son. Having grudgingly joined forces with the Spook and his apprentice, Tom, and assisted them in the binding of the Fiend, she is now on the run. And her mission is deadly. She has to help them bind the Fiend’s spirit for ever no matter who – or what – comes after it… This latest chilling instalment in the “Wardstone Chronicles” follows Grimalkin, the terrifying witch assassin, feared wherever she is known.
I’m going to talk about the famous Harry Potter *drums* hehe!
SO! In the first book: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
– My Favorite part was the end-action part when all the teachers made a “test” to anyone who wanted the sorcerer’s stone; and the one I really liked was Snape’s- I mean it was really dangerous but it was interesting how Hermione discovered the right one.
– It was a little sad when Harry saw his parents in The Mirror of Erised but I laugh when Dumbledore had always wanted some socks hahaha-
The second book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
– Wow! I loved the parseltongue thing! (well I like snakes) and of course my favorite part was when Harry was fighting with the gigantic basilisk!
– And of course I can’t forget about Dobby! ❤ muahaha when he aimed at Lucius Malfoy!
– AND I HATE SPIDERS! that Aragog is really scary and huge.
– The car is so random I laughed a lot. And that tree! jeez
The third book: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
– I have to say that I almost cried when they killed my Buckbeak. Since I saw this beautiful hippogriff I liked it. But let me say that I liked more how the book described the first time this students saw a hippogriff, because there were moere than one!
– Then I aslo liked the artifact named Time-Turner, because it’s awesome to be able to go back to the past and be able to save lifes too! but let me say that is a very dangerous thing if is in the wrong hands.
– And of course! Lupin and Sirius!!! I love both of them!. Let’s see; Lupin is a great teacher! I love his office and the things he teached. I did liked the fact that he was a friend of Harry’s father; Sirius is a special person; I really like his feelings; and I was very happy he got the chance to be out of Askaban and that he is Harry’s godfather ❤
– We can’t forget about the dementors. Such scary things that feed from fear… I must say that Harry’s really good at fighting them, because in my opinion they are a hard to fight.
*Fact of my own: I had been two times in Harry Potter castle and everything in Universal (going this week again) and let me tell you the part of the dementors is the worst!
The fourth book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
– I liked how both of the houses; Beauxbatons and Durmstrang; made their arrive.
– One of my favorite things that Mad-Eye teached weas the three worst curses:
* Imperius * Cruciatus * Avada Kedavra
– And then of course the Triwizard Tournament. It was very interesting and very dangerous. I was in schock when Voldemort could touch Harry Potter; but hey! it was really cool when Harry’s parents appeared to save him.
-It was disgusting when I saw how Voldemort was. Ew.
– Very sad that Digory died.
The fifth book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
– Grrr that Ministry of Magic saying that Harry and Dumbledore are lying! Bah! get’s on my nerve… Then that Umbridge I HATE HER. I hate that woman! I mean with that of ” I must not tell lies” but hey the centaurs make her pay!
– DUMBLEDORE ARMY FTW! WOOT! sorry I just love this army. The Room of requirement is really cool. In my opinion I imagine it more like “confort” and place that we could relax and learned at the same time… so in the movie, the room, was okay with the space but not with the looks. Also Hermione idea of the coin really cool.
-Luna! I like this girl! she’s so cute!
-I LOVE THESTRALS! I think I’m like Hagrid sometimes haha, with the liking rare creatures.. I wish I could pet one ❤
-The Order of the Phoenix is just awesome and in Sirius house? BETTER!
-That Kreacher! hmph…
– O-M-G when Harry kissed with Cho Chang hahaha … sorry for this but she’s stupid. Never liked her that much.
-And then the fight in the Ministry was really cool! but I cried when that Bellatrix killed my Sirius! 😦
-And the prophecy ……
The six book: Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince
(This is my second favorite book from Harry Potter serie)
– I know Snape is a pain in the butt but… I like him, he is one of my favorite characters. I thought that the half-blood prince was Harry’s dad! But anyway I have to say that Snape knows a lot and that he is very intelligent. Very.
-Then there are the Horcruxes. I love how this new adventure in Harry Potter life is beginning! but… I cried when Dumbledore died! 😦 not cool.
*In my opinion this book is the start to the real adventure in Harry Potter life.*
-And another thing I really liked a lot were the memories. Just wow… this explains a lot and how Voldermort past was… really, really good.
The seventh book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
– My favorite book is this one. I just love it completly! Weddings, Lupin and Tonks and the new baby… and the fight in Hogwarts and YES Harry Potter defeated Voldermort! muahaha hmph. Sad book yes, because of all the dead people but well I did liked it.
– I cried too when Snape was dead. Didn’t stop crying, because of his memories… those sad memories. I really wanted Harry’s mom with Snape. Gonna miss you.
– I loved Albus Severus; son of Harry Potter and Ginny!; I was looking forward, hoping that the author was going to say there will be a new book… if in the future there is I hope is about this kid.
DID YOU KNEW ABOUT THE NEW WEBSITE ?
*Made by the author !
HERE IS THE LINK 😉 WWW.POTTERMORE.COM